Back to site

©2024. All rights reserved.
Crafted by 4Property.

Thinking of Renting

We will provide you with an experienced & free market rent appraisal of your property.


If we find you a tenant (we get references, draw up leases, take deposits etc.) and if you want to manage the rental yourself and deal with it going forward we charge you a “one off” finder’s fee.

Alternatively if you want us to manage the rental  we charge a management fee and lodge the rent into your account periodically.

Vetting of Tenants

We insist on references and do check them. We also ask for one month’s rent as a booking/security deposit and one month’s rent in advance. No smoking or animals are permitted. We draw up a RTA Tenancy Agreement


2 to 3 times a year (by appointment) but if necessary we can call more frequently. 

Landlord Responsibilities

-As a landlord you have a number of responsibilities such as registering each tenancy with the Residential Tenancies Board (fee €90) and to comply with housing standards, it would also be advised to get landlord’s insurance. To place a house on the market for sale or rent you also require a Building Energy Rating (BER) Certificate (usually costs around €280)

-LPT (Local Property Tax) is the landlord’s responsibility

-The landlord usually agrees to maintain the gardens if not then they usually provide a lawn mower for the tenants to cut the grass which is agreed in the lease.

Usually within 6 months of the tenant moving in a representative from Donegal County Council calls out to inspect the house to check that it complies with current housing standards and they issue a works notice. The works notice usually askes for a cert for the electrics (ETCI report, the cert costs approx. €300 alone and that is without any remedial works being done), a cert for the gas, a cert to say that the boiler was serviced with a commissioning report , window safety restrictors fitted, fire alarm, extinguisher & safety blanket, carbon monoxide alarm etc.

-A lot of prospective tenants are now in receipt of Housing Assistance Payments i.e. HAP which is a form of social housing support provided by all local authorities which replaces rent supplement. Under HAP, local authorities will make a monthly payment to a landlord through the managing agent. This payment is made on the last Wednesday of each month and is subject to terms and conditions including rent limits, on a HAP tenant’s behalf. In return, the HAP tenant pays a weekly contribution towards the rent to the local authority. This ‘rent contribution’ is based on the household income. It is calculated in the same way as the rent paid by a tenant of a local authority owned property.

-Please note that non-resident landlords are required to declare rental income and pay tax if applicable. In the interim we are obliged to retain 20% of all rent collected until we receive confirmation from the Revenue that the landlord has registered with Revenue and is compliant with regard to rental income in Ireland.

Privacy Policy

Pagespeed Optimization by Lighthouse.